Consultancies & Collaborations
CFAT directors, associates, and research assistants regularly do consultancies for the public and private sector, collaborate in new fair and alternative trade initiatives, and provide technical assistance to companies, producer groups, non-profit/non-governmental organizations, and others. Our recent consultancies and collaborations include:
- “Can Fair Trade Enterprises be Sustainable – Both in Terms of Growth and Scale?” External analyst for Cooperative Coffees project assembling Fair Trade pioneers to review and evaluate Fair Trade’s successes and challenges and to envision promising paths for the future: 2011-2012.
- “Building a Locally Sustainable and Globally Fair Fort Collins Community Marketplace.” Researcher for Fort Collins Downtown Development Authority (DDA): 2009.
- “Fair Trade: A Promising Strategy for Promoting Sustainability and Development.” Policy Brief prepared for World Bank International Assessment of Agricultural Science and Technology for Development, Washington: DC, 2008.
- “The Impacts of Cafédirect’s Business Model: A Comparative Analysis of Producer Partner’s in Peru and Mexico.” Consultancy for Cafédirect, UK: 2007.
- “Feasibility Study for the Community Marketplace Project.” Fort Collins Downtown Development Authority (DDA): 2009.
- “No Como Veneno: Strengthening Local Organic Markets in the Peruvian Andes.” Interim project evaluation and study of local organic markets designed and conducted with Jennifer Loomis in Peru for the Centro Internacional de la Papa (CIP) and the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) of Canada: 2008-09.
- Collaborative Review Editor/Author, “International Assessment of Agricultural Science, Technology and Knowledge (IAASTD).” World Bank/OECD: 2006-2008.
- “The Daimler International Framework Agreement and Global Social Dialogue” Working Paper prepared for the Multinationals Section, International Labour Organization: 2007-2009.
- “International Framework Agreements and Global Social Dialogue.” Working Paper prepared for the Multinationals Section, International Labour Organization: 2007-2009.
- Member of Advisory Board, Food Industry National Market Maker: 2006-2009.
- Interim Organic Program Leader, USDA Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service (CSREES): 2006-2007.
- Team Leader, Conservation Enterprise Assessment in Cambodia and Vietnam. Winrock International/USAID: 2005.
- M. A. Socio-Economic and Natural Resources Advisor, Prespa National Park, Macedonia. United Nations Development Program/Global Environmental Facility: 2004.
- M. A. Lead Consultant, Sustainable Production and Market Development of Non-Timber Forest Products from the Russian Far East. Winrock International/USAID: 2001-2004.
- “Report on Trends in the North American Fair Trade Market.” Prepared with Carmen K. Iezzi for The Fair Trade Federation: 2009.
- “Interim Report on the Fair Trade Market in North America.” Prepared for the Fair Trade Federation, Washington DC: 2008.