CFAT directors, associates, and research assistants regularly do consultancies for the public and private sector, collaborate in new fair and alternative trade initiatives, and provide technical assistance. View a list of our recent projects...
The CFAT team is providing technical support for a soon-to-be launched independent, community-based initiative – the Conscious Consumer Trust – a think tank dedicated to the promotion of social equity both locally and globally...
- Raynolds, Laura. “State of the Art in Research on Global Production.” Invited plenary presentation, Conference on Global Production, National University of Singapore, Dec 6-8.
- Raynolds, Laura. “Bolstering Labor Rights in Global Production Networks: The Case of Fairtrade International Certification.” Paper presented at the Conference on Global Production, National University of Singapore, Dec 6-8. 2017.
- Raynolds, Laura. “Fair Trade Institute Collaboration and Research on Fairtrade Certification: Labor Standards.” Invited seminar Enterprise Institute, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland, Aug 24. 2017.
- Raynolds, Laura. “Can Certification Improve Global Labor Standards and Worker Rights?” Paper presented at Development Sociology Annual Conference, Ithaca NY, Oct. 6-8. 2016.
- Raynolds, Laura. “Fair Trade, Flower Workers, and Women's Empowerment.” Paper presented at the Rural Sociological Society Annual Meeting, Toronto, Aug. 7-10. 2016.
- Raynolds, Laura. “Fair Trade Research and Practice: Past, Present, and Future.” Invited Keynote Speaker, Fair Trade International Symposium, Milan, Italy. May 29, 2015.
◊ Raynolds, Laura. “Fair Trade Expert Interview on Certified Flowers.” Change.org. February 2011.
◊ Rogers, Heather. “Sweet and Lowdown: Would you like some deforestation with your organic sugar? Sure, say Big Organic and the feds.” Mother Jones, May/June 2010.
◊ Sorensen, Kimberly. “Researchers study women and fair trade in Ecuador and South Africa.” Today at Colorado State. February 10, 2010.