• The Handbook of Research on Fair Trade (2015), L. Raynolds & E. Bennett (Eds). The first of its kind, this volume brings together 43 of the world’s foremost fair trade scholars from across the social sciences to synthesize existing research, evaluate key debates and identify critical questions. To order... Hardback... | E-book...
• Fair Trade: Social Regulation in Global Food Markets (2012): One of the journal’s top cited articles, surpassing 100 citations.
• Mainstreaming Fair Trade Coffee: From Partnership to Traceability (2009): The journal’s 5th most cited article, with 350 citations.
• Fair Trade: The Challenges of Transforming Globalization (2007): Editors L. Raynolds, D. Murray, and J. Wilkinson provide the bestselling analysis of Fair Trade. To order...
• The Globalization of Organic Agro-Food Networks (2004): This highly influential article has been cited over 550 times.
• One Cup at a Time: Poverty Alleviation through Fair Trade in Latin America (2003): This report and related case studies assess Fair Trade’s impacts on coffee producers…
• Consumer/Producer Links in Fair Trade Coffee Networks (2002): One of the journal's top five most read articles, cited over 600 times.
• Re-embedding Global Agriculture: the International Organic and Fair Trade Movements (2000): The journal’s most cited article, referenced over 700 times.
CFAT is currently conducting research on the following topics:
Raynolds, Laura T. & Nefratiri Weeks “Fairtrade Certification in Latin America: Challenges and Prospects for Fostering Development.” Pp. 374-386 in J. Cupples et al. (eds.) Routledge Handbook of Latin American Development. NY: Routledge, 2018.
Raynolds, Laura T. “Fairtrade Certification, Labor Standards, and Labor Rights: Comparative Innovations and Persistent Challenges.” Sociology of Development 4 (2): 191-216, 2018.
Keahey, Jennifer, Laura T. Raynolds, Sandra Kruger & Andries du Toit “Participatory Commodity Networking: An Integrated Framework for Fair Trade Research and Support.” Action Research 16 (1): 25-42, 2018.
Raynolds, Laura T. "Fairtrade Labor Certification: The Contested Incorporation of Plantations and Workers." Third World Quarterly 38 (7): 1473-1492, 2017.
Raynolds, Laura T. “Bridging North / South Divides through Consumer Driven Networks.” Pp. 167-178 in B. Halkier, et al. (eds.) Routledge Handbook on Consumption. NY: Routledge, 2017